Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring is here

And with it, let's hope a few good races. Gordon won his age group at the Mullet Haul (I was tabulating the results, but I swear he won fair and square). Other than that, our group hasn't been racing too much. Annie is but a few weeks away from motherhood. Cami and I are coming down off of injuries, in the midst of rehab, and chomping at the bit to get back to some serious running. But, slow and steady is the road to recovery.

In the meantime, sounds like folks are still spending time at the road races. I worked Mullet Haul. Rusty volunteered at Catch the Leprechaun. Bridge Run is only two weeks away.

How is our Sunday morning group? I haven't been in a while and I'd like to know how it's going.

2 comments:

Gordon Nicholson said...

I was in Atlanta last weekend but the Sunday morning crew is still going...a little low in numbers but we have some welcome newcomers! I will be there this Sunday. I'm going to start working on churning out a quality 8-10 mile run every Sunday to get back on track...even in the summer heat if I can!

Cami said...

Congrats to Gordon on winning his age group!

It's been a week since i've run my first mile and boy, it was a thrill. I am trying to slowly wean myself off the pool running and get back to some pounding again. For those of us who run: Enjoy every minute of it and don't take it for granted; it's a gift.
John and I will be back soon.