Monday, December 13, 2010

Kiawah

Well, I was doing fine until mile 17. Must have been something in the gatorade, because no one reported feeling great or clocking a stellar performance. The weather was a bit miserable, but wasn't really the issue (I don't think). Sometimes, it just ain't there. Oh well, they can't all be gems.

The after-race food & beer was great. And it was great seeing the whole running crowd. The whole shuttle parking thing actually worked pretty smoothly, and the on-course support was pretty good. So I guess Kiawah gets a high mark (or at least a passing grade).

Not sure if I'll make it Sunday morning. If I do, it won't be for a long one. How about other folks?

3 comments:

Gordon Nicholson said...

Tough day for me as well. Worst half time ever! Fell apart at mile 8 - my left quad tightened up and I dropped almost 2 minutes a mile. I'll be honest it was tough getting passed by lots of people. Sorry I missed your finished...I had to leave a little early. Going to chalk it up to experience and move on...time to hit the road again. See everyone Sunday morning - gonna try to get in some LSD!

Cami said...

Yep, I am joining the crowd. My experience matched Gordon's, except I began feeling stiff 3 miles into it. My ankles locked. But both of you, John and Gordon (and everybody else who ran this Saturday) were very brave, toughing it out in rough weather conditions. Hats off to your effort and tenacity!

Better days will come; I have no doubt about that!

See you Sunday for a short run.

sldotter said...

Just being there is a start better than I can say for myself! Missed you guys last Sunday I actually showed up along with Swaz. About 3 miles in Swaz had a nasty spill where both feet got caught in a metal ring on the sidewalk. Pretty nasty he looked to be ok though outside of some scratches. Hope he healed up quick back in the mountains. Maybe I will see you guys this sunday. Is anyone running the Charleston Marathon? or the other races?