Sunday, October 30, 2011

MCM

We've been waiting with excitement John's MCM adventure. At least I know that Gordon and I, while battling a chilly morning long run, were keeping in our thoughts John, wishing him well in his marathon quest, hoping he will have great weather and no wind. And after the run, of course I found myself cheering and staring at the on line tracking, wishing that somehow I could communicate through telepathy my whisper of strength, power and endurance from the 35 K onward.

I hope John is very proud of his result. I think he should be, considering what he 's been through for the last 10 months. He never gave up, fought through injury, and quickly regained his coveted fitness. His journey is amazing, and he continues to inspire us every day and in every way. Truth to be told, I just could not slack off on my track workouts, knowing that John will be there at the crack of dawn, running 12x1 mile repeats precisely on pace, like a metronome.

Congrats and have a quick recovery! We will be waiting for details.

Good luck to everyone running Savannah next weekend.

No comments: