Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back in the Hood

Anne and I managed a brisk, short run on Sunday. Perfect pre-race for me. Then Gordon and I had a good time at the Born in the USA 4-Miler on Monday. With a race route basically through my childhood stomping grounds, Gordon got a grand tour of the neighborhood where I first developed a passion for running.

I'm definitely giving two thumbs up to summer races that provide a variety of fresh fruit. We had really good cantaloupe, watermelon, pineapple, and strawberries at the end (I also got a watermelon as my AG prize). Nice.

Ran into Cami on the greenway this morning. She and I plan to be there this Sunday for the long run. Hope to see others.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Congrats to John for winning his age group! It is nice to see that all his hard work after coming off his injury has paid off.
Did a mile TT last Sunday. Looking forward to seeing all on Sunday.