Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Still Hot

Cami and I had a good Sunday run, though the heat really seems to be nonstop. Our mid-week speed work seems to be suffering more than our long runs. I just keep telling myself that it will all pay dividends when the autumn gets here. I will be traveling this weekend, but hopefully we'll have a few folks to carry on the tradition.

There were a couple interesting things to note in David Quick's most recent blog entry: (1) Neville Miller will be moving back to Missouri, and (2) a certain Robert Turner's name showed up on the results of the SOAR 5K run. Hmmmm.

3 comments:

Gordon Nicholson said...

Hey I was still enjoying the coolness of the mountains last weekend...and recovering from the Bear which was not too bad! Hope to see some people Sunday!

Cami said...

I will be here on Sunday. I myself cannot do tempo runs in this heat--they break me physically and mentally more than the long runs. It doesn't mean that I don't do them. Looking forward to hearing from Gordon!

RT said...

Hi All. i had a GREAT time walking & jogging at the SOAR run with the SO athletes, and got buddy the 5K with Stevie. It was one of the highlights of my year so far!
It was also great seeing Neville, Andy, Bratton, Rives, David Cross, etc. out there, too. i'm planning on running with the SO club on Mondays for awhile, and also hope to be back to 'our' WA group in time for the Bridge Run 2012.
Keep up the great running, enjoy the acclimation to the heat, and see you all soon.