Saturday, May 22, 2010

When Things Are Not Going Well...

Everyone occasionally experiences bad moments or even periods in life when nothing seems to go well regardless of our efforts, commitment, and motivation. We've all been there at one point or another, and it sucks. It sucks to race poorly (look at my 5K/bad tempo today), and it sucks to get injured just before your biggest event of the year and not be able to recover and move forward. Sometimes these events are just incidental occurences. Sometimes they go on for an extended period of time, without a good explanation.

I am writing this post because I know we have folks in our group who have experienced all the above; some have temporarily lost their edge, but have come back stronger than ever. So, whatever your situation might be, just hang in there and look at the bigger picture-- there is something good out there for you and me waiting to happen. Just like life itself, running is not always a straight path of improvement and glorious moments; sometimes there are dark and troubling moments, but we can overcome them. I am going to buckle down to some serious running, and I will try try to find my mojo again.

But first, I need to recover properly. I will miss running with you tomorrow, but I will see you next weekend.

2 comments:

Swaz said...

Hey Cami! Don't be so hard on yourself! It's just sport / a game, really - it's for fun! You had a great result at Boston - Celebrate it !!

I haven't run in 17 days now - twisted my ankle at Enoree - not going to Chatooga - ligament damage (I didn't think I had any left to injure) Back to cycling and swimming for me. Hope to run in the 10k Trail run on Capers by 20 June if possible.

Gordon Nicholson said...

That Capers run sounds great! I'll be out of town though!