Friday, October 29, 2010

Bonk!

Normally, when you’re training for a December marathon in late October, you wouldn’t think that heat exhaustion would come into the equation.  However, we were just one degree below the official high temperature records on both Wednesday and Thursday.   Yesterday, I went for a mid-day 12 mile tempo run in 85 degree weather.  It started off fine.  The first four were at marathon race pace.  Then the wheels fell off.  I staggered home the last few miles, stopping at every water fountain along the way.  Oh well, chalk one up for experience.

 

The weekend weather looks much more kind.  I’m looking forward to our Sunday run.  There are a couple of local offerings for road races tomorrow: the Daisy Dash 5K and the Fight for Air 5K.  Anyone planning on racing these?

2 comments:

marmot ski said...

good luck on your race...

Cami said...

It was hot and humid again this week.

I have a 16-mile long run on schedule for tomorrow, with the last 4 mi at half-marathon pace, which I will likely do it by myself.

Have a great run tomorrow. It is supposed to be cooler.