Thursday, July 2, 2009

Back from Romania








Just got back from a refreshing vacation. Running there was a different experience, as people run only in parks and not on the streets. Luckily there are many parks and the one in the photos is 5 minutes from my house in Bucharest (walking distance). I was pleasantly surprised to find many fellow runners during the early morning hours, sign that people started to become more active. The park is about 2.4 miles one loop around a beautiful lake (measured by my precious Garmin, which took a long time to capture the satelites) ; it had been restored, cleaned and well maintained, with many trees, flowers, and handball and tennis/soccer courts on the side. Another nice surprise was the cool dry weather in the morning hours (you could run until 10:30 am without feeling the heat). As a matter of fact, since I am well adjusted to Charleston humid weather, my throat became scratchy and dry as I ran.

I also spent a few days hiking in the mountains (about 3 hours from Bucharest by train).

See you soon - this Sunday I have an 1 hour fast finish run on my schedule.

2 comments:

JM said...

Welcome back. See you Sunday morning.

RT said...

Looks SO beautiful. Look forward to hearing about it Sunday...before the fast finish!