Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kiawah Triathlon

Well another tri in the bag, but the first to a 3 race 3 weekend binge! I had a decent race altogether and ended up finishing in 2nd for the 25-29 age group. Last year I was out of the hardware for Kiawah so it felt nice to get back in with an award. I had a super slow swim coming into transition at right at 30 minutes. I lost anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes on most folks that I should have been racing with. I felt like I had a great bike and run. No official splits yet but what I added up on my watch gives me a 39:28 10k fastest I have ever done but I do suspect the run was short. Swaz and I were battling it out on each turn around but I never could real him in. It will be nice to see what the difference in our times. Overall a good day and I will be back at it next week for the half ironman in Greenwood, SC. Take care guys!

3 comments:

Gordon Nicholson said...

Damn that is fast!
Your Sunday morning runs have been paying off!
Good luck next week!

Anonymous said...

Good luck and congrats!! This result should be a nice incentive for you and boost your confidence.

Swaz said...

I was part of a team (Drown-Wobble-Stagger), Trevor (sorry - thought you were called Kevin - I'm awful with names). I only got in front of you because our cyclist put in an awesome ride - he must have caught you part way through the bike - because we had to start in the second wave with the other relay teams. Website has your run at 39:42 - mine at 39:54. I reckon it was about 6 miles - prob 0.2 short of 10k - which is kindof a downer as I wanted to use it to get a good 10k PB - but don't be too hard on yourself - remember the first mile was on sand !!!