Sunday, February 14, 2010

Damage Control

...So nobody could run Myrtle Beach, and all the work of 6000 people was wasted and for what? For 3 inches of snow and a hasty decision of the Myrtle Beach city officials.

To vent some of my frustration, I have decided to run a "hilly" 18 miler, so I went for it. You have got to imagine that I had all this bottled up adrenaline; in addition, I haven't run much this past week in preparation for the half-marathon, so I was antsy and eager to go. I did the first part of the bridge with John (I thank him for that), and we split thereafter. I went over the bridge 6 times, all between miles 4-18.7 @8:01 pace. It felt so damn good; I ended up running 19 miles total. Then I walked about a mile and called one of my supportive friends (thanks, Raluca) to come and pick me up.

I can finally focus on the Jacksonville half next weekend, and put everything else on the back burner. I know this will be a race that will not get canceled.

Many thanks to my running buddies for their support: John, Gordon, Trevor, Anne.

No comments: