Monday, July 19, 2010

Nearest thing to a hill race in Chucktown...

On July 31st I plan to be bounding up and down some 1056 steps in the North Charleston coliseum as a way to get a hilly “fix” in between visits upstate to the trails...

Part of the deal is to raise funds for the American Lung Association to help fight lung disease. Your kind $10 donation will make an impact, funding life saving research, education and advocacy efforts. It's easy to support this cause by making your tax-deductible donation online using this link:
Swaz stairclimb page

If you would prefer, you can hand me a cheque (or a tenner) next Sunday morning
(Please make any cheques payable to: American Lung Association)

Whatever you can give will help - it all adds up! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress. First training session is on Wednesday evening :)

Stair-bound-Swaz

3 comments:

Cami said...

Go Swaz, go. I would have done it myself if I hadn't had bad achilles. This is a great cause, and you should be proud that you are doing it. Happy climbing!

Gordon Nicholson said...

Nice Swaz - I would jump in with you but I've done my hill race for the season!

Swaz said...

Thanks for your kind donation, Cami - I went to the second official training yesterday at the Coliseum - it's officially 528 steps of descent and 528 of ascent. Climbing (and descending) about 265 feet in total - not as long as I'd hoped - should be over pretty quickly :)