Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Too Hot

All seemed in agreement that our final few miles on Sunday were sweltering. It's embarrassing to say, but I had to admit to Swaz that I honestly didn't remember that he joined us a few miles in. Such was the state of my baking brain. Running in the summer is a real ....uhm.....adventure? (where's a neurologist when you need one. Wait, one was running with us).

I'm up for another round this Sunday. Let's just plan on keeping it easy and hydrated.

Question: in the midst of this heat, how are folks summer training plans working out?

3 comments:

RT said...

Training? Training? What training? C yawl Sunday.

Cami said...

I've really had a rough time last Sunday; the heat was just too much. I barely moved through my 14 miles.

As far as training goes, I still do some (strides, fartlek) outdoor. The rest of it, including tempos and/or thirds progression runs, is done indoor. Nonetheless, I am still tired at the end of the day.

Gordon Nicholson said...

Great post JM, so timely. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm dying out there and by the time 9pm rolls around I'm toast. Two weeks ago I had to let Ann go on while last weekend I was a little better after slowing down considerably and drinking watered down gatorade. I noticed at the track the last two weeks I have and envelope of time of about 30-45 minutes. Seems that's all I'm good for in this heat regardless of pace? Gonna just do another 8-10 on Saturday.