Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fight for Air Climb - North Chuck Coliseum

Well, I showed up to climb (and descend my 265 feet or so) with a hundred or so others.  Started with the quick guys at the front (30s intervals) because I wanted to get back to Charleston for Edwin Gardner's memorial ride at 9am.  I have no idea what time I achieved as my HRM packed up after 3 minutes and stopped timing.  I went out pretty hard - Neville Miller was 1 minute in front of me - and I was in oxygen debt by about the fourth set (4/22) of stairs (quite literally fighting for air ;)  I managed to recover enough to catch the tall guy who started 30s in front of me, but I didn't see Neville for dust.  The two times I recorded in training were 6m 47s and 6m 14s - will have to wait for results to be posted to see if I bettered that.  Thanks for all the support and kind donations to American Lung Association.

Good to see Gordon and Mike Seekings at Edwin's ride from Cannon Park - 465 cyclists showed up for the ride!

3 comments:

Gordon Nicholson said...

Great 2nd place run!

arcteryx said...

You have a great blog here. Keep it up!
Always have the best run! :)

vibram said...

Nice blog, very interesting..