Sunday, October 5, 2008

IOP Connector 10k

It's amazing how much slower you go when the course is actually 10kms.... In conditions that seemed to be ideal for PRs, I managed a not so exciting 41:53 to bag 6th place in the 40-44 div. Blair (if her last name is Turnage ?) did significantly better taking 2nd in her division with 46:58.

I think I saw Rusty there - but don't know if he ran 5 or 10. I also couldn't find his name, but I'm guessing he isn't "Rusty" in the results either !!

I went out hard and tried to keep it there, looking for a sub 40 time on a real course. I was doing alright until the 3 mile marker, which was completely out of position. My psyche never really recovered from the disappointment at recording an 8:05 mile after 2 consecutive 6:25 miles and I think my brain let me down more than anything else...

The best bit was jumping in the sea with my running gear on afterwards....

No comments: