Monday, August 25, 2008

Longer than we thought

Mapmyrun.com has our Sunday run at 16.7 miles. The weather fooled us. It started out seeming pleasant. Then we got mosquitoes. Then we passed the slower runners who had collected an even larger flock of mosquitoes. (To ease our suffering, one of the women in that group entertained us with periodic fits of screaming, while doing the mosquito swat dance.) Then things got warmer, hence slower. We were all shuffling it back to Holy Cow. Let's hope we get some fall weather soon.

See everyone on Tuesday evening.

3 comments:

Gordon Nicholson said...

Felt like less than last week but I had a gu on the bridge to help ease the pain of the last two miles!

CodaCoaching said...

Well I guess I am kind of glad it was a bit longer than we thought. I really felt the last mile or two. I thought it was just from running the bridge but I am happy to know that it was probably from the extra length. We should have maybe just gone Broad instead of running all the way to the water. I liked the route. I know the second half was a little up in the air with the mosquitoes but it really did not feel like a short 17 miler with the bridge thrown in the middle. Any ideas for this Sunday?

JM said...

I've got 14 miles on my schedule for this Sunday. The mosquitoes seem largely confined to the east side of the peninsula, from Waterfront Park to the bridge. I wonder if we can find a route that stays west of East Bay, south of Vanderhorst.