Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

It was a gorgeous day today, just perfect for our long, hilly runs over the bridge. It's been great to see and greet our Mount Pleasant running community. I continue to be amazed on how tight our running community is, and how folks help each other when times are tough. As I was going over the Mount Pleasant side of the bridge one last time, just around mile 19, two girls encouraged me with a "keep it up girl!" I was tired going uphill, but their encouragement was enough to keep me going strong at the end. Thanks, girls!

I just wanted to wish good luck to our racers. Trevor, go get 'em tiger! I know you can accomplish what you have in mind!

John, have a great Georgia Marathon!. You have done all the work, and I am sure that you will do great! Anybody else racing the next two weekends, have fun and enjoy!

3 comments:

Gordon Nicholson said...

Sorry I missed you guys this morning - long drive from Miami yesterday!

RT said...

Thanks, Cami. Sounds like all had great runs today. i capped it off at an easy 8. Welcome home, Gordon.

sldotter said...

I hope everyone can race like they have been training. Just like Rusty said this morning the Sunday run has sure gotten quick! So I looked up Gold Bug Island too to see what the was about. Seems as though it is another name for sullivan's island. Here is a link to wikipedia (who knows if this can be trusted) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gold-Bug