Monday, March 1, 2010

Unexpected Help

We had cold but fairly calm weather on Sunday. Cami and I were out for our really long runs in prep for our marathons. We found some help in unexpected places. We had the full crowd (Trevor, Ricky, Rusty, Cami and me) all the way to the foot of the bridge. Right at the top, we ran into Blair, who stayed in contact with Cami for her repeats.

I figured I would run my remaining 15 in solitude. But as I approached the bridge for my return trip (about mile 15) I ran into Tom Mather and his running partner. "You heading back downtown?", he asked. "Yes, sir!" was my reply. I jumped in line and got a welcome (and needed) pick-me-up for all but the last four miles of my run.

It is great to have such a connected community of runners.

2 comments:

Cami said...

I cannot agree more! Great community, great people! Blair and I went over the bridge several times, finishing our 18, and 20.5 miles, respectively. Thanks Blair for volunteering to drive me from the Mount Pleasant side to my original starting point!

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.