Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cloudy

In spite of threatening clouds, we had a pretty full house last night. It rained briefly at the beginning of our warm-up. Otherwise the weather was agreeble.

The workout varied. Again, the crowd could not reach a consensus. A rogue crew, including myself, elected to take advantage of slightly cooler conditions and do something longer (1600, 1200, 1200, 800). Most everyone did 4oo's. At least we have variety.

I went running early this morning on the West Ashley greenway. Toward the end of my run I caught a crowd of high schoolers out for a pre-season conditioning run. They were big boys, moving none too fast. I believe they may have been the West Ashley football team. At one intersection, I saw a big burly coach. He had a "this is going to be a long season" scowl on his face. I told him he might motivate his players if he let them know they were getting passed by a 44 year old man. He laughed and nodded. One of the high schoolers, upon hearing me, responded "Wouldn't be the first time. Won't be the last."

No, it won't.

No comments: