Monday, July 21, 2008

Mosquito Coast

Okay, in recapping our long run on Sunday, I admit to struggling with the title of this post. "Cemetery Run", "Graveyard Shift", " The Quick and the...", you get the picture. We ran up through Hampton Park, up through Wagner Terrace, and into Magnolia Cemetery, where the confederate soldiers and mosquitoes were waiting for us. Scenic, yes. But also a little creepy and buggy. We made a hasty turn back down the peninsula. I've got our run at 12.5 miles, putting us at about a 8:45 pace.

Gordon sent out an interesting article on how caffeine affects recovery:

Click here for the media's summary for this article.

Click here if you want the research article itself (for the medical folks).

What I did notice was the amount of caffeine for the subjects: 5 to 8 mg/kg of body weight. For me that would be 375 to 600 mg of caffeine. It would make me juuuuuusssst a bit jittery.

1 comment:

Gordon Nicholson said...

I noticed that it seemed like a large amount of coffee myself. I do notice however that nothing is better after our sunday long runs than a good cup of strong coffee. When we were running our killer long runs it seemed to really help me. Maybe I just love coffee?