Saturday, July 5, 2008

Wilmington Crash and Burn

Just ran the Tri Span 10K in Wilmington in 40:26. 14th overall, 2nd in age group (for which I count myself very lucky). Great course, but hilly. It was hot (80 degrees by 8:00). Against all logic and my better instincts, I went out and blazed the first two in 12:12. Foolish with capital "F". By the half way point, I was dead meat on a stick (6:30, 7:00...you get the picture). I managed to put my s*** together for the last mile. Evidently, the heat put the whoppin' on everyone else too. Only about a half dozen others passed me by the end.

Will be thinking about you guys tomorrow morning. Will try to get a run in myself. See you Tuesday afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

40:26 not shabby I know you would have liked better. July isn't the best time of the year to run a PR anyway.

Gordon Nicholson said...

Tough luck but 40:26 in 80 degree heat is no easy feat. Congrats on 2nd place. We missed your navigation skills Sunday morning!